The recently discovered coronavirus is causing the infectious disease COVID-19 which has now become a pandemic after its outbreak started in China. The virus is spreading through contact with people or surfaces that are infected with the virus.
The disease can happen to anyone but it severely affects those with low immunity, also including people older than 60 years of age and those with chronic and serious illnesses like diabetes, cancer, cardiovascular problems and chronic respiratory disease. Young adults and children can recover after experiencing mild to moderate symptoms of respiratory system.
If you are a business owner and are worrying about your safety and that of your loved ones, customers and employees; you can prevent this disease from spreading and ensure safety of all if you follow some guidelines.
- Clean your hands with alcohol-based sanitizer or wash them with soap and water for 20 seconds on a regular basis.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a mask when you go out and also cover them while sneezing or coughing.
- Do not touch your nose, eyes or mouth with your hands as they touch many surfaces and can be contaminated, thus transferring the virus inside your body.
- Practice social distancing that means keeping a distance of at least 3 meters between yourself and someone who is coughing or sneezing so that you don’t catch the virus.
- If you feel ill, stay at home away from others and call for medical help if you feel symptoms like fever, difficulty in breathing and cough.
Cleanliness and disinfecting are necessary to break the chain of spreading the virus along with keeping your distance. As you already know that cleaning hands is very important, but ensuring the cleanup of surfaces is also crucial if you want ensure the health of your customers and workers. You can disinfect your home by using liquid disinfecting products but for a big commercial property like a school building, health care organization, university or nursing home, you need a team of professional cleaners from some disaster cleanup contractor that can perform the task quickly and efficiently as they are experienced in their work and are trained and certified for this type of cleanup.
We all know the saying that prevention is better than cure and no cure has been discovered for COVID-19 till now so prevention becomes more important in this scenario if we don’t want to suffer from the extremely painful symptoms of this disease that lead to death.
So, if you own a commercial property in Minneapolis, Chicago or Charlotte and many other areas of United States, you can take advantage of the biohazard disinfection and building decontamination services from the coronavirus provided by the technicians at Service Restoration. They have separate helplines for all these areas and can provide services to both home and business owners.
They are cautious and mindful of preventing and controlling the spread of the microorganisms while cleaning and decontaminating your property with the best equipment and disinfectants.